View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 10:39 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Default Mariner's compass sneak peek on my LA

This quilt was made by another QB member. Some of you may recognize it. The quilt is beyond breathtaking. I don't think I have enough adjectives for it. Exquisite, stunning, jaw droppingly gorgeous, droolworthy, they all apply but none seem adequate. I am humbled and honored that I was entrusted to longarm it and I can only hope I do justice to this work of art. In my mind the impeccable piecing and the the blocks needed to be ditched, every seam. Hoo boy, that is a lot of ditching. I am only half way done with the ditch work and then I will go back and do the detail work. But on the first row, I couldn't wait to try out the idea I came up with for the compass blocks and border motifs. So I completed one row and the top border before going on to finish the ditching. Once done I will go back and do the ruler work and FMQ. I am thinking the LC blocks will look best just left ditched. Then the gorgeous fabric will be the star.

Here is what I have to share so far. I will definitely post pics when I am done along with tech details.

Attached Thumbnails dsc04675.jpg   dsc04683.jpg   dsc04685.jpg   dsc04688.jpg   dsc04707.jpg  

dsc04708.jpg