View Single Post
Old 09-28-2014, 04:02 PM
cad_queen_2000

Originally Posted by kamaiarigby View Post
I also have a Fisker rotary cutter, with mine every time I went to cut the blade retracted, I sent Fishers a email but have NEVER had a reply I would not recommend this rotary cutter, because of the lack of back up of their product
I had a Fiskar rotary cutter from about 15 years ago, it finally wore out last year, it started doing the same thing as yours (blade retracting when i pressed down to cut), so i got a new one like the one in the donna13350's picture. I used the new one for a few months, and the same thing started happening with my new one, (retracting while pressing down). So, bought a brand new one, again, used it to help cut fabric for the sewing group one afternoon, after about an hour of cutting, it started doing the SAME thing, (retracting while pressing down). Is it just me, or has Fiskar's cutter gone down hill? It is the 45mm cutter.
I am thinking of switching to Olfa for my next new one. One of the ladies in the group has Olfa, and she is really happy with it.
It is almost like the little piece that is supposed to hold the blade out is too small, or made of soft plastic and it wears out fast, or something. I can't open it up to see, because the handle is one piece.
Maddening!