Old 09-29-2014, 06:26 AM
Stitch124

Hi -- could you describe the couple of quilts that looked like they were submitted by a first time quilter from a quilting 101 class? Most of the quilts I saw were very intricately pieced and quilted.

Originally Posted by slmeyer View Post
I enjoyed the Chattanooga AQS Show very much & was there everyday for classes. I thought everyone did a spectacular job on the organization. I also expected a larger turnout, in both attendees, vendors & quilts. IMHO this occurred because .. There was a competing show 90 miles away in Atlanta drawing both vendors & attendees for the same dates. You can't be in 2 places at once. The number of quilts shown were probably reflective of the number of quilts submitted overall & per category. If people don't enter quilts they won't have much to choose from. I saw a couple there that looked like they were submitted by a first time quilter from a quilting 101 class with no visual impact. My guess is they didn't have enough entries to choose from. This was the first year & I imagine next yr will be even better.