Old 09-30-2014, 03:11 PM
mermaid

Today you think you just want to do 'labels and small stuff'. This means a 4x4 hoop machine is all you think you need. I think we can all guarantee that you will get to a point where you feel that you just can't live without a larger hoop. So if you can afford a 5x7 hoop machine, even a used one, that might be the way to go. Otherwise, I love Brother machines and they are so user friendly, that I'm sure you can find one for the amt you want to spend..with a 4x4 hoop. A word of caution tho, if you buy used, be aware it might be a machine that you will need software to transfer designs from your computer. The cards of designs can get awfully expensive. Best bet is a machine that uses a flash drive for transfer. I LOVE my machines--I have 2 Brothers with 4 sizes of hoops, and the little Snoopy machine that uses 4x4 & the repositionable hoop to do 5x7..the 4x4 is a little workhorse. Good luck--hope you find what you're looking for, and show us some of your embroideries when you get it set up.