View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 03:56 AM
citruscountyquilter

Many of the places I would suggest have already been mentioned but here are some more. If you are going up I75 on the East side of the state then Frankenmuth is a a nice stop. Bronners that was mentioned earlier is there but there are also a lot of other places to visit in the quaint town. Zenders is the place to eat there with their signature chicken dinner family style.
SW Michigan has a world class car museum - Gilmore Car Museum in Hickory Corners MI near Kalamazoo. You don't have to be a car nut to enjoy the many buildings set up like a village and the incredible one of a kind cars.
SW Michigan near the Indiana border is also Amish country. Shipshewanna which is just across the border into Indiana has Yoder's department store with a to die for fabric collection and other unusual things. E&S grocery there is a unique shopping experience but they only take check or cash. There are several good Amish restaurants there as well.
I lived many years in various parts of Michigan. It is a beautiful state but also a large state with both peninsulas. Fortunately the scenery is nice along the way. June can still be chilly in the UP so be prepared. I hope you have a wonderful time in the Great Lake State.