View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 11:48 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

Several years ago we lost both of our cats from something they ingested out doors. Then we had to put down our Tara, a crazy, but loveable German Shepherd. I missed them terribly, then one day my DH said we should by a Litter Maid box - YIPPEE - I was off to the animal shelter and fell in love with "Casper" an almost all white kitten with grey ears and tail. He was my lap cat, but went into kidney failure at 6 years. The Litter Maid was put away, out of sight as it was too hard to look at it; then my best friend and I went to an animal shelter on a whim. There was Miss Terry an all black cat about a year old - well, from the moment I first held her I knew she was mine as she cuddled under my neck, I could turn her 6 ways from Sunday and she didn't want to leave my arms. The vet was coming into the shelter in 2 days, so the shelter had her fixed as part of the original fee, and a couple days later I brought her home, although my DH was less than enthusiastic about her. We have a daughter named Kari, my best friend is Terry, also the cat's name, however, DH could get confused as to who I was talking about, so, she became "TJ", a combo of my friend's first and last names. We are still fortunate to have her after 8 years, and although she can be pesky as she thinks she's a dog and has to lead me everywhere, sleeps at the foot of my bed and is my shadow, she is my love. I have a tendency to make a short story long, however, my point is that our Litter Maid is still functioning well after 12-15 years of use, plus the $129 you mentioned is a good price, as we paid $99 those many years ago. Good luck, I think you'll like it, and I think Miss Kola will too.