View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 08:37 PM
barbarakibler23

Welcome to Michigan....our state has some much to offer. Originating your journey at Henry Ford and Greenfield Village is a great place begin. Since you will be RVing I would suggest to stay at Harbor Town Campgrounds in Monroe. Very nice and clean. We went camping along the coast of Michigan, we stopped at the many lighthouses (we have 247) along the way. You can drive along the coast line all through our state. We drove to Port Huron and up the coast to the tip of the thumb. Down around to Bay City (don't miss Frankenmuth...(definitely a day trip). Then continue up the coast and stop in East Tawas, Oscoda and Harrisville. Heading north up the coast you will reach Cheboygan and the Upper Pennisula. Mackinac Island (another day trip) and Mackinaw City . I have not been in the UP except for St Ignace but I hear there are wonderful Quilt Shops. Sault Ste. Marie I hear is another day trip. Heading back down the West coast you will find wonderful cities like Charlevoix, and Traverse City and so many it's hard to name them all. But don't miss the Dunes north of Empire. Continuing down the sunset side of our state you will find Muskegon, Holland, South Haven and Saugatuck where the beaches are wonderful! Don't forget to visit all the local quilt shops as you travel, we had over 80 shops in the "Row by Row Experience" shop hop. If you are lucky maybe they will start the shop hop in June instead of July.
Then comeback to our great state and check out the middle of our state....plenty to do there too!

Enjoy your trip!
Barb