View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 03:22 AM
Sandygirl

In regard to that damp basement, you should call a basement waterproofing company for a price to waterproof it. We had our oozy stinky farmhouse basement waterproofed this past spring and it is wonderful now! They installed a french drain. They dug around the perimeter of the INSIDE of the the basement (more efficient) and installed the piping that directs the underground water to the new sump pump pit.

I never dreamed that we could use this basement. Water used to pool in places and now, no more! "Expensive" but so worth looking into! We were actually pleased at the price quoted, the quality of the outcome and the result we now enjoy. Our mental "guesstimation" was much higher than what it ended up costing. DH got busy and painted the walls and the floor. My DH is moving his hobbies to the basement! Such a difference!

oh, while we were at it, we had the basement windows replaced for new efficient windows. We still came out lower than our guesstimated price. So pleased!

I would call for quotes and advice, pricing. Sounds like your situation is not as drastic as ours. (It is raining now....no pools!)

sandy