Thread: Have you read?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 04:01 AM
Edie

I just got the audiobook "Between Heaven and Texas" - it says "In this luminous prequel to her beloved Cobblestone Quilt series, Marie Bostwick.........." Haven't listened to it yet, but is a prequel the start of a series that ends in the sequel? I didn't understand that part, but Mary Dell is in this book and I liked her. So I am really looking forward to listening to this book. I love the books that go on and on and either they are a part of my family or I am a part of their "family". Jennnifer Chiaverini's books are like that - Elm Creek.

I am in the throes of the William Kent Krueger Series - 12 books so far- and I love his writing and the narrator is sooo good! His books take place in Northern Minnesota. I can totally relate to that! I will check and see if Anne Hazelwood has audiobooks.

It is getting cold out here, but picture this -a nice warm afternoon, a deck off the front porch, but ground level - 7-1/2x7-1/2, two rocking chairs and a little round matching table - a dog laying on the floor on his comfy mat, the old lady (that's me) sitting in her rocking, sewing her heart out, with a cd player, listening to a book, humming bird feeders, suet feeders, bird baths/watering station, sun catchers hanging in the birch tree and a glass of wine in hand, loving life, grateful for what I had in the past, looking forward to the future, still missing my husband and mother terribly, but accepting what God has given me. That,my friends, is my life here on my little 40x120 foot lot and loving every minute of it. Edie