Thread: Oliso Iron
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 06:27 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I just received one as a gift. Do any of you have one? Do you always use steam or do you iron dry? I normally iron dry --- but directions say fill with water. I e-mailed the company and they said "it is recommended that you alwsys fill with water, however you may iron dry." Do you always fill with water?
I have had the Oliso (yellow) for almost a year. I never thought I would say it, but I have truly "enjoyed and appreciated" this iron! It seemed pricey at the time, but it has been more than worth it.

In reading your email, I think it could be interpreted ... fill with water when you want steam .... but that you can iron dry (and not fill with water).

I always iron dry and have never used the steam. A couple of reasons ... I can control the dampness with a spritzer and/or Best Press; and I don't have to let it "dry" after steaming before moving and/or sewing. The other reason, when I finish sewing, I can turn it off and walk away without the added step of walking the distance to the sink with a hot iron to drain the water (and potentially burning or scalding myself!).