View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 06:45 AM
tlambing

I had great fun as a child trick or treating. My mother was always very into helping us with costumes. Being the forth daughter, I don't think I ever got a "new" costume. Mom had a box of costumes she saved and there was always something in there to choose from. I think I was a Sicillian dancer at least 5 yrs, until I got too tall for the little skirt. Then I was able to find a longer skirt and modified it into Snow White
We always had the same dinner of grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for dinner before going out. A tradition I shared with my kids. The anticipation was almost too much to bear. My favorite homes to get to were the ones of neighborhood friends. There was always some sort of big treat at those houses, giant candy bars or something homemade or in a special bag or container. And we always had to pose for pictures!
I remember walking for what seemed miles and miles. Filling that plastic pumpkin head full of pounds of candy. When we'd get home we were required to let our folks check it out. I really don't think it was for safety as much as it was for them finding a few of their favorites. I didn't mind.