View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 08:30 AM
ThayerRags

Wife and I got the table moved for the heater installation, I got all of the dust bunnies cleaned off of my 10 machine heads, and I’ve started putting some of them back under the table again for storage. By having a single row of them along the wall, my wife’s plastic storage towers set in the best position for access to the drawers, so they’re serving a purpose being there. I put the D9, 9W7, 206K, & NVF down under there. Now that I have the treadle 319W, I probably won’t be using the 206k much anymore, and I even removed the 306W from one of my other treadles this morning to put the 66-14 in it for my darning experiments (I had been swapping those two around in that treadle). The NVF under there is the second of two heads that I have, and I’m hanging onto it as a parts or backup machine until I get the better-looking one serviced up for use. I’m not sure why I’m dragging my feet so much getting a Vertical Feed into use for us, but they still set waiting after having them for 5 years....

I guess it’s good to dig into your stash every once in a while. While digging things out from under the table, I found the box-full of cams, bobbins, needles, and plates for my 306W that I hadn’t been able to find. They’ll work with my 319W too. And I seized upon the opportunity to mount the 9-spoke hand wheel on the 115 while I have it out. It will be serviced up to swap out with the 66-14 when we want a rotary machine in that treadle.

I still need to find places for more machines, and the heater is still in the box, although setting where it will be used now, instead of in the way out in the kitchen. Hey! I don’t have any machines in the kitchen yet! And the heater’s not in there anymore! Hmmmm......

CD in Oklahoma