View Single Post
Old 10-02-2014, 10:14 AM
tessagin
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Mrs Shak View Post
I have to sew on the kitchen table and my stash, etc is thrown in a corner (in clear containers or baskets) or in other rooms. I would love to set up an area in the basement but it is too damp (when it rains hard or when the snow melts, we get water down there).

I'm looking to see if anyone would have any ideas of how to better organize because I have to dig through everything in order to get what I want. I do keep current projects in their own totes. Or how to use a damp basement? I don't have any extra space except the basement.

My family (and I) are tired of having to look at my sewing stuff whenever we use the kitchen! TIA!
So many ideas. Measure your kitchen for space that will be convenient for you. Keep those measurements with you when you're out. Do a lay out graph of your kitchen. Keep that and make notes on the back side and maybe few photos of ideas. Then keep in mind anything that you can attach "casters" to. Mobility can be key. You may be able to find something at the thrift stores. Check the different photos ideas in the Mission Organization section. Also fishing tackle boxes or tool boxes are great for storing scissors and other notions. Thread and bobbins. Walmart has tackle and tool boxes that stack on top of each other. Dollar discount stores may have some also. Fabric in baskets you are currently working with can be decorative. Some would not realize you have "fabric scatter" different from fabric clutter. You can put pretty little labels on baskets or if you use the canvass baskets. You can make your own canvass baskets. So easy. Just measure your basket and go from there.