View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 02:00 AM
Lovequilting22

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose View Post
Stay away from buying a machine at the big box stores, whether it is a brother, a singer, etc. They are the very lowest quality and will not last if you do a lot of sewing. I would strongly recommend that you go to a dealer and test drive every machine they have (bring your own fabric similar to what you commonly use). I found a gently used janome 6600 that I love from my local dealer for $1000. It has all the features I need....needle down, auto thread cutter, needle threader, built in walking foot system, feed dogs down, lots of deco stitches (and I do use them). Dealer support is a must for the new computerized machines of today. Mine came with unlimited free classes on how to use the machine as well as a technician/repairman on site ....which made me feel better about any future problems or tuneups.
Could not agree more with Buckeye Rose......the dealer is DEFINTELY the way to go. I highly recommend going there to try out the machines. I have a wonderful dealer who lets me play of any machine I want to until I decide. And when it was down to choosing between a few machines, he they let me take the machine home to try out for a week.