Thread: Halloween
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 06:39 AM
marcycn

Location: Inverness, Florida Lived in states MA (born/graduated) RI (twice) CA (3 times) MO (3 times) KY VA

I bought panels and cut them up. Doesn't take a lot of time to do them - sandwich and run up on the machine, turn and finish. First time I've tried any top stitching on the machine though. Not bad for the most part but I can see stitches in places. :-(

I retired to FL and bought a 3 bedroom home with the express idea of quilting, which I've wanted to do all my life but 'life' got in the way. I turned my master bedroom into my quilting room and go back and forth between the TV, computers and sewing machine. Doing what I want to do day in and day out with a little time to deal with breast cancer, which I'm still not sure of the outcome in weeks to come. Only person I have to please is me and I'm loving it. :-) My hardest part of it all is trying to decide on a pattern and making that first cut in some beautiful material. Once I've done that I'm off and sailing. lol

I'm no where near the level of experience as most on this board. I look at all the beautiful quilts that people post and wonder where they get the time and patience. I don't think I will ever get to the level of most of you but I sure do enjoy seeing all your creations. :-)

Hope I didn't share too much.