View Single Post
Old 10-03-2014, 01:20 PM
ThayerRags

Default Top 10 Reasons To Sew With A Treadle

1. If the power goes out, I can still sew (even if I can’t see what I’m sewing and I'm freezing to death).

2. I can save a lot of money on electric bills (although I’d probably save more by just turning the lights off when I left rooms).

3. It’s my way of joining the “Go Green” movement (and not having to give up any of the other fuel-wasting and environment-damaging luxuries that I enjoy).

4. It’s my way to connect with my fore-mothers and their more primitive lives (no wonder they were so grumpy sometimes, especially when they were sewing).

5. The technology of my machine is old enough that I’ve had time to learn how it works (without having to ask a 5th-grader).

6. I don’t have to put up with relatives always wanting to borrow my machine.

7. I don’t have to worry about turning it off or unplugging it when I quit sewing.

8. The machine won’t ever sew too fast and out-run me (although I can still out-run myself, and I have proven it).

9. I don’t need to find an extension cord to use it too-far from the plug-in.

10. The rhythmic sound of my treadle machine soothes me and brings a peace-of-mind to my inner being (until I jam the machine and break the thread, and then all bets are off).

These are my top 10, what are yours?

CD in Oklahoma