View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 12:52 AM
kiffie2413

Suern3,
Welcome to QB swapping, I think you'll love it! Only issue I have is I find it highly addictive..

Lynnie,
Yay, you and I are finally in the same swap! Been meaning to ask you how your hexies are coming along?

Laurel,
Congrats on your forthcoming grandmahood!
At the rate our son was going (or not) I teased him that hubby and I were going to be our own grandparents!
My son wisecracked back he was going to ask potential dates if they had grandkids? Haha
He knew his dad and I were honestly happy if he was single or married, as long as he was happy, that's all that mattered.
He did find the "right" girl and married. Fast forward a few years and we now have a lil 5 yr old granddaughter and 10 month old grandson. And I will say grandparenthood is ALL it's cracked up to be and more!!

Let's see, I collect pigs (not live ones) and crosses. What a combo, eh??
The pigs were started for me years ago, and took on a life of their own.
I love most colors except wearing any orange or yellow makes me look like a character from the Walking Dead. However I like those colors in quilts. My favorite color is aqua..And any shade of green.

I am a long time hand quilter that is really liking machine quilting too.
I do Brazilian and regular embroidery, just finished a crazy quilt all hand embellished for my Mom. It was a 3 year undertaking that I'm happy it's finished! I crochet, can do a lil knitting. ONLY knitting, like scarves. Because when you toss in the purl part I forget, and I purl when I should knit, and I knit when I should purl. Wish I could do it properly, as I've seen some lovely hand knit sweaters, etc.

I hadn't done any quilting except the lil bit my Nanny taught me years ago. Five years ago after my kitty died, I pulled out the old quilt tops I had inherited, and started really getting into quilting. I must say it's been good therapy. I love QB, have "met" so many great people here.

Regards,
Kif
PS I was going to say living in the Texas panhandle, I collect dust on occasion, too...

Last edited by kiffie2413; 10-04-2014 at 12:56 AM.