Old 10-04-2014, 05:57 AM
paintmejudy

Default Week 4

This is a repeat of what you made in week 2 (posting # 339) but with different fabrics. Today will use fabrics B and C for some 4-1/2’’HST (half square triangles) and A and C for more 4-1/2’’ HST blocks. Again, I used my method of oversized strips and trimmed the blocks, but you do whatever method you are most comfortable with. Can’t wait to see the new sets of blocks.

Using the over-sized strip method, Cut strips at 5“ wide, WOF. Cut 2 strips of fabric B and 2 of fabric C. Cut strips into 5” squares. You will need 10 squares of fabric B and 10 of fabric C. Mark a line on the diagonal on the wrong side of the lighter block, place right sides together, sew on either side, cut in half, press and trim. You will have 20 B-D HST blocks that must measure 4-1/2” square.

Cut strips at 5“ wide, WOF. Cut 2 of fabric A and 2 of fabric C. Cut strips into 5” squares. You will need 10 squares of fabric A and 10 of fabric C. Mark a line on the diagonal on the wrong side of the lighter block, place right sides together, sew on either side, cut in half, press and trim. You will have 20 B-D HST blocks that must measure 4-1/2” square.

Posting early for all you eager beavers. No, actually am on my way out the door, driving up north for a day trip. See you all later this afternoon.
Attached Thumbnails week-4-b.jpg   week-4-.jpg