View Single Post
Old 10-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Macybaby

Default My hemstitcher collection

I got another in the mail, and figured it would be fun to show them off.

These are "parson's". The patent date is 1884 and 1885. From what I've read, it appears Greist took over Parson's at some point - but I think Greist took over all the other attachment mfgs at some point . . .

And being modeled - New Home

Singer (this would also fit Free)

Standard

Wheeler Wilson D9

Here are some others

Left - a universal one that is adjustable to fit several machines. There is a bracket with screw hole in it that fits into the smaller square opening to attach it to the bed

Upper left fits White, I have one like this that is bar clamp, also fitting White, Then we have the"Perfect" attachment, and below that is another "universal" type, no markings. And the third down is Boye hemstitching attachment, also universal in fit. The far right is for a Standard Rotary machine. The roller mounts on the presser bar, and the spacer to the bed of the machine. The lower spacer is a newer design.

And after I took that picture, I realized I was missing one - for the Singer. Finally remembered where it way - so here is a picture of some with the Singer in the upper left.

And some being modeled.

The Boye, on a Singer 201. The bar can be moved to give you four choices of width of space between fabric.

Perfect - on a White, this one says it fits all machines, but this was the only one that it would fit on easily. You need to have a foot with one longer "toe" on it.

And the other, on a National - this one requires a long flat foot. It won't fit on a foot like the 201 has on it.