Old 10-06-2014, 02:57 PM
KenmoreRulesAll

Cedar, you just received one of the best Kenmore machines ever made: an 1802. These are absolutely fantastic stitchers, are extremely durable and powerful, and are rich in features. I'm a Kenmore fan (obviously) but this one is truly outstanding, so you are very fortunate. These machines aren't found for sale all the time because owners don't want to let go of them so take good care of it. I considered driving to Boise from Seattle just to buy one. Fortunately, I didn't have to as one finally became available in my area.

Do you have the manual and were any attachments included besides cams? I'm not sure but I believe all 1802 machines are super-high shank, a proprietary Kenmore feature. You can buy an adapter for low-shank feet, though and low-shank attachments are more commonly and cheaply found.

Give the machine a thorough oiling according to the manual. Listen for any strange noises (grinding, clicking, etc.). Go through the threading process and see how it stitches. Experiment with it. Have fun.

I'm jealous.