Old 10-06-2014, 05:50 PM
roseirish48

got my name with lots of info on what she likes and dislikes. I am afraid that is where i fall short of the game i dont list enough things to give my ss any ideas---maybe because i am not real picky and like to be surprised...I trnd to forget that since they dont know me, they arent going to be able to say " oh,yeah, she will like this" without more help from me.
i have sweet teeth { notice the plural}--love candy except for coconut types--my dentist loves his job security--but my doctor hollers as it doesnt help my A1c so have to ask for sugar free.
I drink diet Mt Dew { A LITTLE Bacardi poured into it helps the flavor immensely}. i drink very little tea and cant stand coffee or coffee flavored items.
i like handmade items--needlework such as cross stitch, regular embroidery. i can do simple crochet and knitting but mostly prefer quilting. i would love to get my hands on more NYB block patterns. I am in midst of doing FARMERS WIFE blocks and recently bought DEAR JANE book. want to do the DEAR JANE in fall colors so am slowly picking up bits of orange,gold,brown,yellow and red mottled or blender type fabrics. for it.
have started doing paper piecing--not the best at this but am still practicing to make perfect. hate to buy patterns so either download from computer or get out the freezer paper and draft my own templates.
love to read---voraciously. have read most of stephen king, evanovich, john saul,agatha christie,and nora robert. i am trying to read my way through what one would call "THE CLASSICS" by downloading free books to my Kindle. Classics as in Three Musketeers, Jane Eyre,Scarlett Letter type of book.
my favorite color is blue--all shades. i love wild prints ( wilder the better) with lots of colors. i never seem to have enough of background fabrics ( fabric used for the background of a block or for sashings etc) or neutral colors. I tend to go out and buy fabric for maing specific quilts rther than using my stash ( never right shade, color or enough on hand to complete project). my scraps are saved and made into very scrappy quilts tops for the local church group that i meet with once a month to layer and tie knot them for later distribution to Veterans homes, crisis nurseries, homeless , nursing homes etc.
Hope this helps a little bit for my ss to get a bit better understanding of who and what i am. It is better to give than receive ---but i aint turning anything down!