View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 05:11 PM
kiffie2413

Letsquilt,
uper cute witch!

Tlambing,
I'm not sure, but maybe go with er, black??!!

Dabbler,
cute idea to make a mini...the stick figure part could be machine or hand embroidery, like thick chain stitch or something, with running legs, stick arms reaching up to lil applique pumpkin head..maybe a spooky tree with an owl (stick figure body, owl head maybe)??.. some bats in front of a crescent moon...a lil spider spinning a web in tree branch...

MizMelly,
It honestly took me longer to pick fabrics for my minis than it did to applique them. So I understand needing the "right" fabrics. My ddil told me if I didn't have so much fabric it would be easier... She's right.

JuneBillie,
Just don't have an embroidery machine either. I do most of mine by hand, or use some of the decorative stitches my Janome 7700 or Juki HZL-400 have.

Klaws,
I'm in no hurry.. and I'll confess, I kinda wanted to keep mine, too... So we'll both be sacrificing this month. HAHA!
My lil granddaughter came over tonight, she saw both of mine, and she said "Oooh, Grammy, I love this lil bitty quilt". It was so funny because her voice got higher and sing songy as she said it..
I agree appliqueing around some of those tiny fabric bits was um, interesting. I just turn the hand wheel by, well.. hand on the tiniest pointy areas.
I agree on the quilting part. Sometimes it's hard deciding how to quilt when it's applique! I know some people make the applique part of the quilting, but I don't like the stitching being on the back like it is...just my preference.
Kif