View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 06:40 AM
Sewnoma

Originally Posted by misoop View Post
Sewnoma, I have suspected my problem is the bobbins, also. I bought some one time at Hancocks....pkg said it was compatible with my machine. I have gotten them mixed up with the brand bobbins. I think I'll check the Janome website to see if I can still buy bobbins for this machine. Thanks.
Yeah, I've been told over and over that the Brother bobbins work in Janome, but that's not been true in my experience. I have a Brother embroidery machine and I have to make sure I don't mix up the bobbins.

I buy Janome brand bobbins on Amazon. My dealer carries them too but she wants a lot more than they are on Amazon. In fact I JUST bought another package this week: http://smile.amazon.com/Janome-Plast...janome+bobbins

They're not exactly cheap on Amazon either but I'm slowly accumulating a nice cache of them.

For your mixed up bobbins - Janome bobbins have a "J" on the inside core of the bobbin, at least MOST of them do. I do have some that were sold to me as "genuine Janome bobbins" but they don't have the J...but they DO work. So it's a little confusing; I'm not sure if they are just really good phonies, or if Janome sells some bobbins without the J.