View Single Post
Old 10-08-2014, 07:59 AM
quiltmouse

I was programmed from a young age not to finish things. Whatever I was working on, I was asked WHY I was doing it, WHY did I start with that aspect of the project, WHY wasn't I doing something else. Both parents, and then my (now ex) husband. If it wasn't verbal, then it was physical.

The time I bought my first house. The garage was detached from the house, but the large dog run was around the access door., the prior owners had used it as a dog house.

I cleaned it out, swept it. Was going to start bringing over boxes... My father put his table saw in there & started whizzin' away.

Sawdust, really? Well, I couldn't put boxes in there.

If that's what he was going to do, why wasn't he doing it until I cleaned it out???

Okay, off rant, now.

So (up until) now, I started a quilt. It might even get to flimsy stage. I'm programmed to NOT finish. (someone will ridicule me or switch me to another task). These things won't actually happen, but it's what I mentally/emotionally expect to happen.

This year, 2014, I am consciously working toward finishing things/quilts/tasks/house projects.

...related to ADD/ADHD...but not bio/physical - more toward emotional/mental.