Old 10-08-2014, 11:36 AM
Quercus Rubra

Wow! I never thought of adding things that are regional or "tour-isty". Some years back I did do a gift basket for an White Elephant with items from Reading. PA and the surrounding areas. It was well received. I had the "normal" geegaws in it like coffe mugs, keychains, postcards etc. But I also included some of the Wawa & Sheetzs one pot Coffees, Utz's chips & pretzels, 5th Ave. candy bars, an Amish Hex sign, maps, interesting places to visit that I had mapquested & printed out for them, gave directions to some of my personal favorite restuarants, a couple of books about the area.... etc.

The couple who won it was from out of state and just thought is was the neatest thing they have seen. When they came back to the area, they had their intinary all set up because of it. They now do the same thing all the time. For family who come to visit, even out of town wedding guest one year. They have some a basic basket and then they can personlize for the person or group coming in. They were so happy with the concept they keep one or two of the baskets made up a head of time. I so touched when I had gotten a handwritten "Thank You" note from them.

So thank you to the person that started that line of thought for reminding me of this. If it was for me... I not just like but Love all those tour-isty things and would LOVE receive a T-shirt (sizes XL to 3X short or long sleeve), some postcards, flat pennies, or even a small stuffed critter from your area. They can even be cute or fun.

Now I have to think of what is around here. Barryton is just a little village but I do state Big Rapids and Mt.Pleasant about 30 to 40 minutes from me. They each have some cool things and places as they are both collage towns.

Tricia