View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 03:54 AM
NinaT

Hi-
My son recently got one of these free when he happened to be riding his bike by when someone dropped it off a truck, broke the cabinet, said a few choice words, and decided they were going to throw it out. My son volunteered to take it off their hands. You're right, it sure is pretty and very quiet.
I don't have a book to it, and would really appreciate it if there was some way you could copy/scan yours; I'd be willing to pay you for your trouble. Don't have cams either.
Hopefully, I can also help you a bit with your reverse problem.
My husband (brag, brag) fixed several things, including the upper tension and the bobbin winder and I am just starting to play with the machine. Hadn't even thought about how to put it in reverse when we looked on the web to see if we could figure out what the machine actually is, and found your post. My button that you described pushes in, and the machine goes into reverse very nicely as long as I hold the button in; when I release the button, it returns to forward stitching. See if that works; if not, please describe your problem as best you can, and maybe my husband can give you some suggestions.
Thanks again for your post; thanks to you, the new machine in the house now has a pedigree.