View Single Post
Old 10-09-2014, 07:24 AM
Rodney

Originally Posted by Macybaby
Rodney - STOP THAT!!!! I guess it's good I don't live in an area that has a plethora of vintage machines.

BTW - A.G. Mason is a badged White. There is some interesting history between AG Mason, Domestic and White. It does appear that early on AG Mason may have mfg some VS machines for White - but at some point they ended up as a White subsidiary, and finally it appears they are just another Mfg name that White sold machines under, maybe to help keep the "White" line separate from the "badged" machines. It does seem that the White machines with other names on them are often stamped as AG Mason Mfg. Well, other than the Domestic line. That's mostly speculation on my part, just from bits and pieces I've read here and there . . .
Thanks for clearing that up! that does explain the amazing similarities. It's good that I'm broke or I'd be up to my eyeballs in sewing machines and I'd be posting about more than a few AFTER I bought them. From what I've seen I would think places like Indiana and Michigan or the East Coast would be the hot spots for old sewing machines. We're just a little too new here to have a lot of truly early ones around.

ArchaicArcane I don't think your eyes are bad. That "robin's egg blue" looks more like "bird poop white" to me.
Rodney

EDIT: I just blew up the picture. There might be some blue in the paint. Did you see the other treadle hiding behind it?

Last edited by Rodney; 10-09-2014 at 07:28 AM.