Old 10-09-2014, 11:51 AM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
Default Moving sewing room to master bedroom. Yay!!!

A couple of years ago I asked my husband if he wouldn't mind moving our bed and dressers into the sewing room and I'd use the master bedroom for my sewing room and bathroom for me. I have a wall mounted flat screen TV in there. The closet is so much bigger than in our master suite. He became insulted and said 'NO' and whenever I brought it up, he'd shut me down, so I quit asking.

He just told me the shower in the master bedroom is way too small for him and he'd like to use the main shower. (I use the main bathroom and the shower is huge, but no room for makeup, hair thingies, etc) I explained that all he does in the bedroom is sleep. He dresses in his work room/his computer room. He said he might take me up on it.

I am on Cloud 9! The master bedroom is so much bigger than my sewing room. I have my long dresser with a big board for ironing in the middle of the room and it's hard to get around in there. If we trade rooms, I will have all the space I crave. I know the closets are small, but I'll make do. I'm doubly excited to have a big bathroom counter with drawers and lots of cupboards instead of just under the sink.

So, I hope it turns out in my favor, and his, and we trade rooms! I am so excited. How many of you use your living room or master bedroom for your sewing room? Do you like it?