Old 10-09-2014, 02:04 PM
AngelinaMaria

Default I am just sick about this. My new pegboard system warped my long rulers!!!

My husband and I worked hard fixing up my sewing area after I got the Crescendo in late July. I got a new sewing table for the machine to set in and set up some peg boards for the first time.

We made the boards from leftovers from the garage but we had to cut them to size, sand them, primer them, paint and paint and paint some more, measure-cut-and attached the boards on the back for the framing, and then attached to my walls.

After just 2 weeks or so of having my rulers hang on the peg board, my 6x24 inch, 6x12, 8x14 and 4x14 inch long rulers all have warped slightly. When I use them, the center area bows up and I have to apply pressure in that area to get the ruler to touch down on the fabric (and to make sure the ruler is aligned with the edge of the fabric). I am really disappointed this happened. So many people use peg boards and I never read a comment about this happening. Now, I have my long rulers just sitting in a pile on my cutting and work area table taking up very valuable space and I haven't had the heart to tell my husband yet!!

I was so happy about my sewing area makeover and I'm just really bummed.
Attached Thumbnails pegboards.jpg   florie-new-sewing-table.jpg