Thread: Overwhelmed
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 11:24 PM
amma
Power Poster

I wonder if you are not being hard on yourself :wink:
If you are more comfortable picking a quilt pattern based on the colors the patten maker chose, there is nothing wrong with that. Many quilters only purchase kits, others follow the exact fabrics listed on the pattern right down to the letter... Some change it all up including reconfiguring the pattern itself :D:D:D
There are not any rules...it is all about what YOU enjoy...

Many quilters have problems with a scrap quilt, they feel the need to match it up... random is not in their vocabulary :D They use many different fabrics that they have chosen to match well in their eyes... Others randomly grab pieces and throw them all together... Neither is the right or wrong way... both types of quilters make awesome scrappy quilts :D:D:D

Choose a block that looks fun to make... try using 3 or 4 different colors in each block... You can always pick out a light or dark sashing fabric to tie them all together :D:D:D Practice a different type of quilting on it... If it comes out less than perfect, only you will know that... we are our own worse critics.
I have a couple that will be kick around utility quilts... great for picnics, etc... I learned a lot making them, but most of all I had FUN :D:D:D