View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 11:55 PM
Sandy1951

Originally Posted by quiltmaker101
Best of all, I love my huge old drafting table. The boss gave it to me in September, and with the elevated surface (which has a level, sliding ruler!) I can cut pieces without an aching neck! It has two huge deep drawers and a butcher block flat area that holds my spare machine!!! I am soooo lucky!
My DH told me a few weeks ago that his school had just thrown out several drafting tables just like yours. He could have gotten one (or more) if he'd known I wanted one. :cry: :cry: :cry:

I'm still too new at this to know which tools are good, bad, or ugly for me, but one item I'm going to buy before I use my rotary cutter again is a Klutz cut-resistant glove. I cut with my right hand and I have severe lymphedema in my left hand and arm, which is worse than it's ever been, and I'm terrified of cutting my hand or finger(s). It takes forever for little cracks to heal; I can't imagine how long it would take a major cut. Not to mention the hassle of getting all the blood that would be involved out of the fabric. And I am a bit of a klutz, so I'm sure it's not if I have an accident, but when. Christmas Day I tried to use my DH's pocket knife to open Barbie doll clothes packages and cut two fingers before I had a chance to use it on the packages. :roll:

I told my DH about the glove last night and he said if he'd known, he would have gotten me one for Christmas. (Maybe then I could have safely used his knife.)