View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 03:53 AM
Macybaby

My husband was very supportive about this, but on the way home he was hinting about maybe I have too many vintage machines and should consider not getting more. He even hinted that maybe I could find new homes for some of them. . .

I think it's really that he does not want to build the Machine Shed. However we should rebuild that outbuilding regardless as he hits his head on the rafters when he walks through it - and he's only 6' tall. I'd want my nice work room, I've always wanted a "clean room" for finishing woodwork and such. I'm putting my dad's/grand dad's woodworking bench in there too. I got it out of my Dad's shop, and was told that when my Mom's parents sold their house, my Dad took it out of his FIL's garage.

Besides, I'd love to give sewing classes for 4H or quilt groups or whoever - and this building will be great for that. No need to bring your own machine to use, I'll have plenty to choose from. But this weekend I have ab out 5 bushels of apples to deal with. Just canning and making jam/jelly. BTW - my summer kitchen is attached to the Machine Shed, so I get to have my two favorite hobbies right next to each other.