View Single Post
Old 01-02-2010, 04:09 AM
Edie

Originally Posted by earthwalker
"Make yourself attractive as possible"...Well, there's a day's work in itself! I am never "fearful" of visitors, because my slavering beasts would eat them before they reached the front porch. Don't s'pose cut of denims qualify as being "dressed" but these days its cutoffs in summer and jeans in winter. Housework is done as "sewing breaks" allow. I do not exist without eyeliner, but that is an aging goth thing rather than any attempt at glamour.

Bellaboo's Grandma sounds like my kind of woman....I don't have to wield a skillet though...my husband is usually cooking with it!
If cutoffs qualify as being dressed in the summer and jeans qualify as being dressed in the winter (of which I have plenty of because that is what I wear in the summer and winter) do flannel lounging pants and a tank top qualify as jammies? It is a forest green tank top and Black Watch plaid pants! I can't stand constriction when I sleep and a tank top is perfect summer or winter and come Spring flannel becomes cotton!!!!!!!

Today I am going to plan my husband's 74th birthday. I make an absolutely fantastic heavy mans cake (chocolate) named after the Kinnikinnic River in Wisconsin.. (Every opening of trout season I would make fried chicken, potato salad and Kinni-Kake for a picnic (husband, son and me)). It has been called Kinni-Kake for over 40 years now(I named it that.) It is made from scratch and is absolutely delicious. If anyone wants the recipe, let me know. I make the cake from scratch but I use a Duncan Hines Choc frosting. Turns out better and less expensive to buy it! I don't know why! Kids are coming over and then I will start cleaning the house up for Spring. (Cotton jams). Then I can get my quilting station up. I can't wait for that. I can't wait to sit and sew for a while. Sew much to do! Edie PS - If anyone in the world is the least bit interested it is 15.7 degrees below zero out my back door! Good Gravy, Marie, it is cold outside. Not a good day to wash the car. We wash the car because of all the salt on the roads to keep them clean and dry.
I think I'll just stay in all day and bake!