View Single Post
Old 10-11-2014, 02:24 PM
jcrow

Location: Small town in Northeast Oregon close to Washington and Idaho
Default Will it look like I'm copying?

Yesterday I went 2 1/2 hours to my dealer's shop. All the LQS are about that far away. I saw a beautiful Hunter's Star on the wall and the owner said she was teaching a class for it in two weeks. I paid and signed up for it. She said "don't bring your Rapid Fire Hunter's Star ruler, we won't be using that, and there will be no 'Y' seams. I am stoked!! The quilt on the wall was scrappy red and white. The owner made one block and pinned it next to the quilt - it was grey and white. My problem. I need 5 7/8 yards of two colors for this quilt. I have that much in Kona black, Kona white, Kona Grey and some really pretty red.

I thought at first I would use my pretty red and white, but I realize that is the colors of the quilt on the wall. I don't want to look like I'm copying her. Same with the grey and white - just like the block on the wall. I bought a purse yesterday and feel I should use what I have at home instead of ordering online, bt then I think I will be copying the one on the wall, even though it's scrappy red.

Am I being paranoid or should I just go for the red and white. I could order some Kona blue online instead, but the color is never the same as the picture. And I have all this pretty red waiting to be used. Any ideas?