View Single Post
Old 10-12-2014, 06:48 PM
quiltingcandy

Your are funny - I am sure we all do it to some extent. I made one of the 'I Spy" baby quilts with hexagons and triangles for a friend and made her promise before she opened it that she would never let one of the quilters from the church see it any closer than a room away with their glasses off. That quilt gave me fits over the triangles matching up. She laughed at me and thought it was great. That spring I went to a show in Redlands CA and there was a quilt just like the one I made but it was made with kitty fabric - all sorts of cute cats. Could I resist? Heck no! I was looking over that cute quilt and found the person had the same problems I had and this one was on display at a show!

And then I went to an Amish show - where they sell a lot of items made by the Amish in Lancaster County PA. There was a pot holder with an 8 pointed star. The point in the center does not mach up perfectly. I bought it to remind me how pretty it is, even if it isn't perfect.

It helps me enjoy what I do that much more to know I will do my best but it is okay if it isn't totally perfect. (My family always tells me I am better than I give myself credit. But they are prejudice.)