View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 04:52 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by QuiltingHaven View Post
Okay, here is what I do since I do wash all my fabrics before I use them. I take the Warm and Natural out of the bag and "unfurl" it. Then, I get 5 wash cloths and run them in cold water and wring them out slightly still "dampish". Fling two of them into the empty dryer, put the "unfurled" Warm and Natural batting 1/2 of it in the dryer on top of the first two wash clothes, throw in two more wash clothes on top of that 1/2 and then fold the rest of the Warm and Natural in the dryer, put the final cold wet wash cloth. Set the dryer on low and run the dryer for 20 minutes. Take the batting out and unfurl it on the spare bed or on the clean floor to get the wrinkles out while it is still a tad damp. The wash clothes will also be damp but will have put moisture in the dryer. I consider that probably the batting may have shrunk some and the wrinkles are out of it and it is nice and warm. Hope this helps.

I do the same thing, except I use the wash and wear cycle, which is warmer than the lower cycle, and only do for about 10 minutes. I have a large table (60X80) that I lay it on loosely folded so there is no over hang. It seems to have shrunk up slightly, and lays nice and flat.

I love W&N for table runners. You have to watch using the poly battings if there is a chance someone may use the runner for a hot pad. I have also used the insulbright for table runners for my DD. She loves using them on the dinner table.