View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 05:21 AM
katesews

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
Because there are moving parts, walking feet do have some kind of lubricant, which is normally sealed within the casing. If it's new foot, take it back! If it's an older one I'm wondering if it's oil or the internal parts have rubbed together so much that they are abrading so it needs to be oiled! There's a Teflon lubricant that they use. I would take it to a repair place or see if you can disassemble it yourself. If you break it, well you already can't use it .
Thanks to all who replied [and for the welcome!] Good advice about taking it apart, PaperPrincess - you are right, it is already useless at the moment so it can't get any worse!

I've just had a thought that I am using a thicker wadding than I have previously with this foot - I wonder if this could be a problem? Too much going through the machine perhaps - having said that, I'm using a standard type of wadding it is just a little thicker than previous ones. I should have said [and it's probably obvious] but I am fairly new to quilting!