View Single Post
Old 10-13-2014, 02:28 PM
dfelker

YEA!!! A fellow Nebraskan I've seen you in 1 or 2 of the other swaps I am in. I like your avatar, it's cute.

I do most of my quilt shopping at The Quilting Place on 119th. It is very close to where I work and Jackie the owner is WONDERFUL. She has Long Arm Machines and does certification classes so that we can Long Arm our own items.
She has ladies from all experience levels in and out of there and they are a great help. Sometimes I just take a project I am working on at home and go in to the Quilting Place and work there with her tools and knowledge. It only costs me $5 for THE WHOLE DAY!! She even has fabrics and buys from people who are de-stashing (so reasonable.)
You are right about the measuring though. I tell ya, I can measure something 6 times and have it read different every time. Must be how I hold my head
Holler the next time you make it this way!
Dorothy

Originally Posted by marilyn43 View Post
I'm glad I' not the only one that has challenges uploading a photo. dfelker I see your from Omaha. I'm from Pender, Nebraska about 1 1/2 hr from Omaha. We are also about 40mi from Sioux City, Iowa.I'm a fairly new quilter and am learning so much. One of the things I'm learning about is MEASURE, MEASURE! Where do you do most of you quilt shopping? My daughters live in Omaha so they always are willing to take me to different stores. You have a blessed week.