Old 10-14-2014, 06:31 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

To be sure I have plenty of scraps to get everyone going strong on recycling to their heart's desire that have requested them. I am waiting on USPO to deliver the priority boxes....in a week to ten days. The waiting on the SS that comes in the fourth Wednesday of every month, then I can go to town and mail out the boxes.

Dublb, that is how retirement goes....when the monies run out....$ can just be spent once...you set and wait for the next month's monies. Unless you can built up a reserve for those unexpected things that happen. Like this early summer with the old AC...$550.00 down the drain and it did not work...of course no one refunded our monies spent. Then over to the new system that took $790.00 cash for the second water hearer...good news there is that it works very well, saving us about half of our normal electric bill every month. So now we are trying hard to collect our tax dollar together to pay that bill the tenth of November...but with the Lord's help, anything is possible. And we sit and wait. And wait. Since we were not born with big bucks, but counted every penny, life has not changed that much. Except when we both worked and had more $$$$$ then....now down to forty percent of that and that causes a tightening of the money belt. But one can still enjoy each day as it comes and have fun. Everyone have a good day.

JeanieG, how wonderful you have a good group to play cards with! We have played many a card game in the past. Carri,e enjoy your retreat and have some fun there.