View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 07:28 AM
scisyb220

Red face Proud I did it myself!

This past Spring I bought a Singer H74 for a real deal at Tuesday Morning. It was a model made for selling on the HSN and has over 300 built in stitches, including 2 alphabets and numerics, came with a slew of feet, including a walking foot AND a cutter foot! Every time I tried using it, I could NOT get the tension right; the thread "bubbled" up on top. Called Singer help line and they "walked" me through the threading process---NOT the problem. She finally said it would be covered by warranty and the ONLY place in my state is over an hour's drive away. Or I could ship it. Neither one I wanted to do. So she gave me some info on a couple places nearby that could do the work for a charge. I knew the problem was the bobbin tension, but was afraid to play with it. Called one place and she talked me through adjusting the bobbin screw, assured me it would not invalidate the warranty, and NOW I finally have a decent looking stitch! Really proud I was able to do this! I was very intimidated by it, but so happy I can now use my machine! Next step: playing with the fancy stitches & the alphabet! Ooooooo, I can't wait to play with the cutter foot---like having a serger, but without another machine!