View Single Post
Old 10-15-2014, 07:35 AM
GrannieAnnie

Originally Posted by meyert View Post
I have only done applique one time to patch a hole in a quilt. I am now thinking of trying it again for the back of a quilt. I am going to find videos, but I like asking questions on this board because you guys are soooo helpful. What I am thinking of doing is finding a picture of a fireman or firetruck.. cartoon like from a coloring book. Then I will cut that out and cut the fusing to match the silhouette of the figure. Then I will press to the fabric and then to the backing of the quilt. Then I am thinking I can just FMQ the interior lines. I don't have an embroidery machine, but my Janome does pretty good FMQing. The fabric has a print of fire trucks tossed all over. I am thinking I can use a black or contrasting thread to sew in the details. What do you guys think? Is that possible? Or would it look pretty crappy? I am trying to attach a picture of what I am thinking of. Coloring book pictures are pretty basic and I think I can FMQ those lines
Save yourself some time and misery. Bond the fusible to your fabric before cutting your shapes. You'll go insane if you try to cut out a fabric shape and then a fusible shape adn expect them to line up when you bond them.