View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 03:12 PM
Neesie

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
my husband and me get his nephews gifts or gift cards. their parents are a dr. and a lawyer. I have a son from a previous marriage. We just got a condo and are barely getting by. they on the other hand, complain bout alot of things costing too much like summer camp all summer and the cost of a second car. we have 2 cars. they never give to my son, which i think isn't right. wht do you all think. We buy their 2 sons b'day and christmas gifts. my son get nada. This year, we can't afford to buy each other a gift. I made a promise with GOd if my son didn't have a disease that the drs. thought I'd buy a bike for a poor kid, so a poor kid is getting a very nice bike and accessories this year.
Lynnie, tell them your heart is urging you to give to needy children, instead of sending the usual Christmas/birthday gifts. Then let that be it. Many children get very little, if anything, and will appreciate even the smallest gifts. Use up some scraps and make small stuffed animals or dolls. Another option is to make and give small gifts to residents in a nursing home. Many of those older people are all but forgotten, around the holidays. These gifts don't have to cost you anything, if you use what you have on hand, along with your imagination.