View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 03:23 PM
Neesie

Originally Posted by amelia0607 View Post
How do you all handle gift giving in families with grown children? I have two grown daughters and their husbands and two grandchildren. That's it - not too many to shop for. Both my daughters are doctors and their husbands also make good money. The girls want to draw names this year in an effort to simplify things. I don't really see this as being complicated, especially since they both use my Amazon Prime account (no shipping fees) for their shopping. It's not like they are out battling crowds.

So I'm curious, what does your family do about Christmas giving?

Thanks in advance.
We used to exchange gifts with extended family but the holidays just got to be too stressful, with all the shopping. Now what I do is instead of giving holiday gifts, I give a gift when the mood hits me, 'for no reason' other than that I feel like giving someone something. To me, this is much more meaningful than giving a gift because it's expected. At the same time, the receiver isn't put into the position of feeling as he/she should give a gift in return. I just tell folks that if/when they want to give me something, to do it whenever. No pressure, no expectations. Each gift given and received, is a surprise and is extra special!

We do exchange Christmas gifts with our grown kids but never feel the need to break the bank over it! No one keeps track of who spent what, for whom.