View Single Post
Old 10-17-2014, 07:25 PM
amelia0607

I do give them gifts throughout the year - just because. It might be a manicure or a homecooked meal or an outfit (that they select) or a necklace or something like that. The small gifts at Christmas are things they will use for instance - one daughter scrapbooks extensively so I may give her some fun scrapbooking paper. The other daughter loves to cook so I do look for some fun small kitchen gadget. Both of their husbands do the repairs and maintenance on their cars so last year their small present was a magnet bowl for their shops. Their larger gifts are always something that they have each specifically asked for as I don't want to get them something they don't want or need. I am more than fine with them drawing names among themselves and I'm not asking or expecting them to get us anything I just want the option to give gifts to my children. Sort of like when my parents, siblings, in-laws started drawing names, I still get my parents something even if I drew my brother or someone else. I just can't imagine not giving my parents a Christmas gift. Oh and for many years I have sponsored a child for Christmas.

Last edited by amelia0607; 10-17-2014 at 07:30 PM.