Thread: up in smoke
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2014, 11:16 AM
xxxxxxxxxx

as of Thursday evening, she is still waiting on the insurance investigator to make a showing .. so there is going beyond that yellow tape. since the fire it has rained 4 days.

That machine stand that shows is all I can see of any of the machines. That stand was a good working machine. It now sits upside down I can tell it's broken or could be just the center brace is broken. I can see it is very rusted at this point. sitting next to each other was this and a white, both were coffin tops..

I will be getting what we can find off the machines. All I can hope for is that some of the frames are usable and there handwheels, This area was the Hot spot , over head was huge beams hand hewn, the old wood floor was the oiled type floor.

In an other hobby (VW Buses) A guy in that forum, In germany Has his shop/barn burn a little over two weeks ago. total loose and set by a 11 yr old kid. In his building was a early 60's Bus, with a sliding side door. which wasn't offered to the public until 1968. There was only 36 of those even made ..

He has already. put this Bus on a trailer and is showing it in there car shows, a crumpled up burned VW Bus.
This
maybe the thing to do with these sewing machines