Old 10-19-2014, 06:52 AM
karensue

Default I made a memory quilt for Mom from Dad's flannel shirts

HI

My dad passed away this year so I wanted to make a special quilt for mom to wrap around herself an feels dads presence.

I just couldn’t find a pattern for making the flannel shirt quilt, and then I saw this patternin a magazine and fell in love with it. Momhad no idea of what to expect, and wondered what those 7 worn out flannelshirts would look like all together.Wellshe was pleasantly surprised, as was I, as to how it turned out, and that allthose worn loving shirts looked great all in one quilt.

After making the quilt, I still wanted something special, soI thought of embroidering (machine) all the different names that he had,Robert, Bob, uncle, friend, father in law, etc. on all the borders. It took me an entire morning just to find theright font, and then another day to print out every single name on paper so I couldsee how to place them around the quilt.

This was my first “special” quilt like this, as was thepattern, and I am pleased with myself so I wanted others to see what I had made to keep my mom warm in the winter, and still think of dad.
Thank you for looking.
karensue

Attached Thumbnails photo5.jpg   photo2.jpg