Old 10-19-2014, 10:05 AM
peaceandjoy

You can pretty much count on lots and lots of small pieces in Bonnie's quilts. I don't think I've done one yet that wasn't over 3,000 pieces when it was said and done. But as you don't cut it all at once, it's not too overwhelming - and she's already said that this year's will be easier than last year's.

Although I've done several of her quilts, 3 or 4 of them as mysteries, I have yet to stay on schedule. Working full time and being gone or having company for both Thanksgiving and Christmas is a guarantee for me to not get it done, but I keep plugging away. Eventually they get done. My goal is within the year; sometimes I meet that goal and sometimes not. There are both Yahoo and Facebook groups devote to all things Quiltville; you'll find lots of support in either, should you choose to join. People continue to work on and encourage others long after the mystery is revealed.

Here are my fabrics. I will be using the yellow that is next to the pink. All of mine are toned down a bit from the colors on the paint chips. As my normal palette includes almost all earth tone and CW repro's, these are as bright as I can comfortably go!

BTW - my avatar quilt is the Quiltville mystery from 2 years ago. It's called "Easy Street;" I did not use the suggested colorway.
Attached Thumbnails final-pulls.jpg  

Last edited by peaceandjoy; 10-19-2014 at 10:08 AM.