View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 12:22 PM
My Pieds

Soman 2

Your Riccar is in killer shape! I was given this one from a friend about nine years ago who at one point in her career was a seamstress. I wasn't sewing at that time and gave it to my daughter to learn on. She never used it so it came back to me a little over a year ago and I have been using it as my go to machine while I restore some of my others.

Mine has some nicks in the paint especially around the hand wheel from (and I'm guessing here,) putting the foot controller in the side pocket of the case which is way better then bare on the bed for storage like I see so many pics of, so it's not pristine

The left hand needle took a bit getting use to and any ruffler or center position straight stitch type foot has to be shimmed to accommodate the left needle position.

It sews like a dream and is a joy to use compared to the Kemore 12 stitch I was using. (Which I've always figured was made either on a Monday or Friday.) It was bought new as a gift and incredibly temperamental, so it is now retired until I get a few others done.

Have fun with it. Here's a pic of mine and more in the album
Attached Thumbnails 2014-09-05-18.24.20.jpg