View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 12:29 PM
yobrosew

Originally Posted by Seweasyquilts View Post
Thanks for all of the replies! I have a "slim", and I eventually did get the bobbin out and cleaned. The hand wheel rolls toward the back to advance the fabric with the feed dogs, and everything runs well using just the wheel. However, as soon as I start treading, the wheel rolls toward the front of the machine making a reverse stitch. How do you set the stitch regulator?
I don't know if this is applicable to your machine but works with my White treadle, which also has handwheel that rolls to back.

I hold the hand wheel firm and take one foot and press the back of the treadle all the way down and hold firm. You may hear a swoosh sound. When I put a new belt on, I could not do this step and that told me it was too tight. Next push or roll the handwheel. At the same time take the other foot and press firm on onthe fornt of the treadle. Now, keep the treadle motion going, one foot to the back and the other to the front. You can also just roll the handwheel while you get the treadle going but you must start with the treadle to the floor in the back. Written directions are not my forte so hope I did not confuse you more.