View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 02:46 PM
Neesie

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats View Post
I would like to stop the giving to adults in my family and just enjoy the time together. We have all we need, and don't need any gadgets. And some of the things I would want are too costly for one person to pay. However, every year I get out voted because my brother will not go along with the no gifts/pick a name deal. There is only one grandchild in my family and she is now 25. She is my niece and I would buy for her forever because I love her so much and I get pleasure in giving her gifts. We have as a group toned down the spending which is a good thing. We used to make lists at Thanksgiving of what we would like to make shopping easier. Somehow that has stopped and had made shopping harder. I may suggest the list tradition return. We are a very small family, three generations with a total of 8 people, and 2 cats. Every year lately the pressure to buy gifts is too much and I end up hating the holidays.
So who made your brother the boss of everyone? Just state what YOU are going to do, then DO IT.